Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and should be eaten 1 hour after awakening. It is the way you break a fast from sleeping all night, and the way to boost your metabolism?in the morning hours. I encourage my clients, family & friends to eat breakfast?daily so that they may reap?the benefits of starting the day off with a BANG!
You will also be starting your?day in a positive way! When you eat breakfast your body will?also reward you by giving you a lot of energy?for what ever you need to do in the morning. EVERYONE needs breakfast so that you can be stronger listener and retain information.? Children and teens that don’t eat breakfast?in the morning, tend to be sluggish and tired in the classroom, adults tend to be disconnected and their energy?is often low.? I am extremely?sad when I hear about children and teens that go to school without eating a healthy breakfast in the morning. to me this is not acceptable and quiet frankly I get frustrated when I know this is happening!? From one mother?to?another, ” please make sure that you feed you’re kids a healthy breakfast”, and if you already do…then great job!! Research shows that when we eat breakfast we learn to listen better, behave better, react more calmly, have more energy and are better learners in and out of the classroom. My hope’s & prayer’s are that EVERYONE in the family including you would be participating in eating a good healthy breakfast. Both parents need to lead by?example and be good role model’s for their children to follow.? It amazes me how many parents don’t eat breakfast and go to work without it! No wonder we as parents come home from work irritable?and frantic and head right for the fridge to shove something in our mouth’s that we shouldn’t. If our children?are not eating breakfast?and?then?eating poorly throughout the day then the same thing happens to them to.. I want to encourage you and challenge you to be a breakfast eater!! You’re doing yourself a great injustice?if you are NOT starting your?day with a healthy BREAKFAST!? If you are presently not a breakfast eater, please start today!! Just like starting an exercise program, it is never to late to become a healthy breakfast? eater. Just DO IT!! You won’t belive how much better you will feel and how much more energy you will have. You will also lose unwanted body-fat and become a leaner you!? This is often a very simple thing to add to your?day because it really is a simple habit to created.? It does however, take some planning and preparing although breakfast is the first meal of the day, it doesn’t have to be a major ordeal.? Take the time each week to plan out you’re breakfast menu. You can have the same thing everyday for a while just to make it a healthy habit.? Be kind to yourself and once you have made breakfast part of your?day, they you? can add in some variety to your?breakfast planning. My suggestion is that you make it a habit first and then get a little more creative with your breakfast.
Easy Breakfast ideas…..
- Cereal w/fat-free?or low-fat milk (?Kashi is a great brand for the whole family). Or Natures’s Path Cereal ( Organic Flax Plus Red Berry Church), any of Nature’s Path cereals are?great.? Add a piece of fruit, and if you’re an adult have a cup of coffee?or green tea. Orange juice , grape juice or pomegranate ?juice is great too!? Just keep in mind that juice can be full of sugar. Use in moderation and remember that a piece of fruit is always a better option.
- Whole Wheat Thins, ( Whole Wheat Bagel Thins, by Thomas), healthy peanut butter?and ?sliced banana.? I like Smart Balance Peanut Butter for this and PB & J sandwiches for my boy’s they love Smart Balance Peanut Butter.
- Egg white omelet😕 This is easy to do in the morning believe it or not.? Use mostly egg whites to 1-2 yolks if needed. Add cheese, red pepper, blk?olives, onions, healthy ham, tomatoes, broccoli, spinach, ?or cauliflower.? ( Get creative, you can make them for everyone in your?family to their liking).? My boy’s like just cheese and blk olives. Add whole wheat toast and a glass of non-fat or 1% milk.
- Oatmeal, with raisins?and walnuts on top.? You could also add strawberries, blueberries, red raspberries, or blueberries too.? Add a glass of coffee, green tea, OJ, milk, almond milk, soy milk, or water.
- Greek yogurt, silvered?almonds & berries of your?choice. You may also add a slice of whole?wheat toast or a small whole wheat bagel by ” Thomas Brand:, they are yummy?and healthy, my kids love em, because they also come in a mini-bagel size.? I love this breakfast it is quick and healthy.? Add a cup of hot coffee, green tea, OJ or milk makes a great breakfast full of lots of protein.
- Whole Wheat Pancakes, waffles, french toast. Use low-sugar, light syrup and smart balance margarine. A glass of fat-free?milk, or low-fat milk, juice and some fruit on the side makes this a healthy breakfast.
- Turkey bacon, scrabbled egg whites, or egg beaters, whole wheat toast, coffee and a glass of fat-free or low-fat milk.
- Boiled eggs ( 2, eat one yolk and discard the other), unless you’re a child you could eat two, the yolk is great for your brain. Add a whole wheat english muffin, or rye toast with sliced apple slices, coffee tea or milk.
- Low fat cottage cheese, sliced tomatoes, one slice of rye bread, coffee, tea,or milk.
- Toasted cheese toast, toast a ‘ Thomas Bagel Thin”, with low-fat cheese in the toaster oven, you can add a sliced tomato and sliced avocado if you wish, coffee, milk or tea.? Cut up some watermelon or other melon if you wish.
I have uploaded some pictures for you to see some of my favorite products that I buy for me and my family.? I encourage you to use Organic dairy products as much as possible?because of all the hormones and antibiotics?that are found in them.? We are starting to see our children?develop?far to early.?You can slow that down by going with ?more Organic foods, including meat & dairy.? Also keep in mind that when you by meat try to by it without nitrates?like ( hot-dogs) nitrates?in meats have been known to cause cancer.? They do make them shop in your?smaller health food stores to find them such as Mother’s Market, Sprouts, Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods.? I know buying more Organic for your?family is more expensive, however you’re buying the products you need and love for your?family anyway,
so spending a little more brings home more quality food and better quality food for your family too.
Lastly, please check out my brand new e Book