Hello Fellow Fitness Mama’s,
I hope you are having a wonderful summer and enjoying your families. I ran across this wonderful recipe and wanted to share it with you. It is a delightful dairy free comfort food for your whole family to enjoy and believe it or not it’s better than those un-healthy buttermilk pancakes that you have been making for years. Give the recipe a try and then let me know if you like it.
Dairy Free Pancakes:
15 MINUTES PREP TIME
MAKES 6 MEDIUM PANCAKES ( I always double the recipe to have more for the next day).
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Soymilk, plus 1 to 4 Tbsp soy Flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp vinegar
Pinch of salt
1/2 to 1 c any of the following:
- carob chips, chocolate chips, blueberries, or raisins
- 2 mashed, ripe bananas and 1/4 c chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c chopped apples and 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Whisk first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl until no lumps remain. Gently fold in optional ingredients, if using. Batter will be thick. If it is too thick to handle ( this will vary, depending on the humidity where you live), add more soymilk, one tablespoon at a time.
1. Cook on an oiled griddle or nonstick pan over medium-high heat until you start to see bubbles appearing. At this point, flip pancake and cook other side until golden brown.
My boys love them and they are very filling and make a great breakfast especially on school day’s.
Recipe from Mother’s Market & Kitchen Magazine…. ( From The Urban Vegan by Dynise Balcavage