- Drink 8-10 glasses of water every day. It is important to stay hydrated. You can add sliced lemon, cucumber, orange and/or lime for a refreshing taste.
- Eat an apple every day! You have heard the phrase an apple a day keeps the doctor away. There is truth in that. My favorite apples are?Red Delicious?and?Granny Smith. ?Apples are full of antioxidants, which are disease-fighting compounds and fiber. Apples help to decrease some cancers, diabetes, and cholesterol. Apples help with weight loss, too.
- Walk every day! Walking is great for your cardiovascular system, which helps strengthen your heart. Walking is also good to reduce stress and anxiety. All you need is a supportive pair of walking shoes and you are good to go. If time is an issue, try walking before work or at lunchtime for 30 minutes. Reminder: You can also walk for ten minutes in the morning, ten minutes at lunch, and ten minutes before or after dinner. Cardio doesn?t have to be done all at once.
- Forgive: Forgiveness isn?t easy sometimes, but it is necessary for your health. If we allow ourselves to hold on to things that have hurt us in the past, we become a prisoner to ourselves. Forgive others that have hurt you and you will feel better doing so.
- Sleep: Getting enough sleep is critical to your health. Research shows that?7-8hours of sleep every night is key to helping you get the right amount of sleep so your body can recover, repair and rest. Sleep is also a?must?if losing weight is one of your goals. Not getting enough sleep over time is unhealthy for you and will eventually start to affect your life. Try to get to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time, even on the weekends. You can create a healthy sleep habit and your body will be rested and restored because of it.
OC Fitness Mama
“Fit & fabulous @ 40 and beyond”