Happy June to all my Fitness Mama’s out there!
I am so excited that school is almost out, and summer is around the corner! What a year it has been, wouldn’t you agree? ?With summer so close I wanted to help motivate you with some tips to get it shape. I also wanted them to be easy to do and not overwhelming. With the school year rapping up with ?all of the parties, field trips and more, ?the last thing you need in a fitness schedule to put more pressure on you and send you over the edge.
Behavior changes however require practice to create new healthy habits. The eight healthy habits below are manageable changes that are designed to move from one week to the next with a gentle kind of progression as a fitness program should. The ?”8 Weeks , 8 Changes”, program will give you accountability, structure, and ?help you ease into creating new healthy habits. Each week helps you progress and flow into the next week , so by the end of 8 weeks you will have created and learned to adapt to 8 new healthy ?fitness habits. Below are 8 new fitness ?tips to get you moving in the right direction to feeling better, have more energy, sleep more, and enjoy your families. Mom’s need to take good care of themselves and to be healthy examples for their families. It starts with us mom’s and trickles down to our children.
- Week 1: Begin at least 5-10 minutes of stretching 3-5 day’s a week.
- Week 2: Begin to do 20-30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise 3-4 day’s a week.
- Week 3: Begin to include 5-6 servings of fruits & vegetables daily
- Week 4: Begin to take out one liquid or food item that you know is not healthy for you and replace it with a healthier item, ( for examples eliminate soda and add more water to increase your water intake, work up to 64-96 ounces of water a day).
- Week 5: Begin do push-up’s, wall-sits, bench dips, stationary lunges and crunches 2-3 day’s a week.
- Week 6: Choose 3 positive affirmations to say to yourself every day of the week and post them on stickies in the bathroom so you can look in the mirror and repeat them daily. Repetition ?is important so that your subconscious can record it and remember to store it. Remove the negative thinking and replace it with these three positive affirmations. Here is example of three affirmations that I have my clients repeat daily ( I am Beautiful, I am Worthy, I am Blessed). You can create some for Week 6, however don’t just stop with three, you can create more and you can interchange them and do this even after you get to Week 8.
- Week 7: Get to bed no later than 11 pm. In fact try to get to bed by 10 pm at the latest. There is so much research that backs up losing weight with getting enough rest every night. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep if you can and you will feel refreshed and lose weight too.
- Week 8: Look at your plate when you eat and make sure that you are having a serving of 3 oz. of lean protein, 1 serving of whole wheat grains, 1 serving of fruit and 1 serving of vegetables. Include a small serving of dairy on the side. Eat 1 hour upon awakening, and eat a small snacks or meal every three hours to keep your metabolism on fire and burning calories daily.
- 1 ( 15 oz). can of garbanzo beans, rinse them well and drain them
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 ( 1 oz ) packet dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Puree until mixture is smooth and slightly fluffy, scraping sides.
- Transfer to storage container. Refrigerate, covered, several hour or overnight. Serve with veggies, pita bread or pita chips.